Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Learner Profile Reflection

Sup.


Just recently, my class and I were assigned to an activity in my Humanities class where we would all find out about what our learner profiles are. Each of us were given a sort of questionnaire/diagram that we had to fill out in order to tell what learner profile we belong to. 


Here's a reflection of my activity regarding my learner profiles. 


I  learn best when their are hardly any distractions within range when I'm doing my work. Usually, whenever I go home, I'm often distracted from doing my homework by things like computers, my baby brother, Television etc. Though, if their are no distractions within my vicinity, then I am usually more focused into doing my work. I realized this tactic not so long ago, when I first joined homework help; an after school activity that gives you you're own time and space to do your homework. After I finished my homework help activity I realized a remarkable thing, I finished my homework! I came to realize that the reason why I didn't really get any work done at home was because of the fact that I was too distracted, thus making me lose my focus of doing homework. 


In my own opinion, I think that I need to be a little bit more invulnerable to distractions that I usually come across whenever I work on my homework. What I mean is, whenever I do my work, I get distracted, this however, is a bit frustrating to deal with. So, my what I think is a good solution to this, is to maybe try to be a bit more distraction proof, so that I can be able to complete my work more often.


Some strategies that would help me in my learning is to maybe try to avoid getting of topic whenever my teacher is trying to explain something to the entire class. If possible, then I think that I would find it easier to learn new things because of the fact that I will be able to avoid distractions that could keep me from learning.


I think that I would like my teacher to know that one of the things that prevents me from learning would be that distractions that I find during my work time are one of the main things that effects my academic life. Just today, I had trouble remembering how to convert decimals, into fractions. This however, is another example of my weakness to distractions.



No comments:

Post a Comment