Wednesday, January 26, 2011

City Connections reflection...

What do you believe you did well on you're project?
I believe that the Historical factors displayed in my slideshow were the best part about it. I say this because it really shows how Houston started of; from 6,642 acres of land to a large enough city with one of the best education systems in the world. I also chose the Historical factors because it shows how Houston was first established into an actual city, as mentioned in the slide, it says that the incorporation of Houston began at 1837 from which James .S. Holman was declared as it's first Mayor.

What would you do to improve for future presentations/projects?
In my opinion, I think that a good way to improve for future presentations, would be to maybe add a little bit more information in my environmental factors slide. This is because I feel that 2 bullet points wouldn't be enough for an A+ presentation. So in the future, a good solution to help solve this problem would be to maybe manage my time wisely during projects like this because I may have to do a little bit more research if was to add more info in my slides.

What did you learn from you're preparation (for your presentation) in addition to the presentations of others?
I think that I've managed to learn a wide variety of things from myself, and from all the people in my class. During the first phases of my research, I was able to gather a large amount of information that made me have this exact thought at the back of my head: "I've never new THAT before". I also think that what I've learnt from other people's presentations made me seem a little bit more interested in their country then I was before. For example, one of my classmates, Alex, did a presentation about Kuala Lumpur. I wasn't really that keen of Kuala Lumpur at first, but after Alex showed the class his presentation, I was blown away by all the things that he told me. For example, one of Alex's slides mentioned something about how the mountains here can block off the harsh typhoon winds.

What is your analysis of your performance?
I think that the analysis of of my performance is a bit in the middle because, I can't say that I did EXTREMELY good, nor can I say that I did extremely bad. In my opinion, I think that the information I've put into my slides are adequate enough to give me a good and efficient grade that would meet my expectations, but I could still improve upon it in the nearer future. Maybe, the next time I try doing a slide show presentation, I can look back to my older presentations and think: "I have the chance to improve now", and probably use that as my motivation to make a better, and stronger presentation that would deserve an A+.

Sources:
http://abkldesigns.com/city1.html&imgurl=http://abkldesigns.com/skyln7.gif&ei=LBRFTeeHN4KHrAfE6tX1Dw&zoom=1&w=373&h=254&iact=hc&oei=LBRFTeeHN4KHrAfE6tX1Dw&esq=1&page=1&tbnh=161&tbnw=238&start=0&ndsp=9&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0


No comments:

Post a Comment