Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's 2011, and you know what that means? The start of a new year!

Every year, I try my best to come up with a small mental list of my new year's resolutions. Usually, my main goal would be to try to achieve good grades on a daily academic basis. But instead, this year I think it would be best to try making social goals to improve myself, AND to give the people around me, a good impression of who I am. Here are my list of resolutions that I think are best for me for the year of 2011. 


                                      1. COMPUTARS!!
First of, theirs my addiction to my computer. One day, I decided to go on my computer in hopes of finding something interesting to watch on youtube. Surely, I did. Of what seemed to feel like minutes, I realized that two hours have already passed ever since I have been on my computer that very day. "Wow!" I said, I was amazed to see how much time flies in such short notice. To this day, I am disgusted of how I don't use my social life wisely, like how the average every-day person would. A solution to this problem, would be to probably minimize my urge to go on my computer, so that I would be able to spend my day doing something worthwhile such as spending time with my family, or to getting out of the house to breathe some fresh air. 

I also think that it's a good idea that it's a good idea to resist my urge to computers because I find it as a distraction whenever I do my work. Often, whenever I do my homework, I am sometimes distracted by many things, and I figured that if I keep this up, then I'll never be able to finish any of my work in the future. So a good solution to patch up this problem would be to maybe concentrate more on my goal, rather then losing focus and going of topic.


2. Organization, a celebration.
Just a few days ago, I found myself rushing around my house, looking for pencils, erasers, 30cm rulers, and ESPECIALLY my pencil case. It was 1/10/11, A.K.A the day before school would start after my long, 3 week holiday. I came to realize that I was missing various essential items needed for my first school day of 2011. I was desperate, I couldn't find anything, anywhere, I checked in mugs, cupboards, bathrooms, bags you name it, and was still astonished to find out that I was now in dire need of various school items. This however, is an example of how organization, may not be my best skill, but, a skill to improve. 





1 comment:

  1. This is great Gerald,But there are grammar errors on your first paragraph.I like how you put examples of what your not good at.In others words I enjoy reading your stuff.

    ReplyDelete